Accept Cookies on this site

Bournemouth Borough Council would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.

Bournemouth-council-logo-dark-blue|   BuildingABetterBournemouth 
Home / Children & Education / Information for Parents & Carers / Applying for a School Place

Applying for a school place

How do I apply for a school place for my child for September 2014?

If you wish to apply for a child starting Reception, moving up to Junior (Year 3), or moving up to secondary (Year 7), Bournemouth residents can apply online using the Enrol application website:|.

Please note that the closing date for Secondary applications is 31 October 2013, and for Reception and Junior it is 15 January 2014.

If you have any queries, please contact the Children's Information Service on 01202 456223.


How do I apply for a Reception place for my child at the new primary schools opening in September 2014?

You must complete a separate form to apply for the new schools, this form is available to download| and print. The application for the new schools is separate from the main allocation process. This is one of the few times that you would potentially receive an offer of two schools - one from the main application form you completed naming three existing schools, and a further offer of the new primary school.

When the opening of the new school is confirmed, you will then be asked whether you wish to take up the place at the existing school or at the new school. If for any reason the school does not open as expected, by also applying for existing schools in the main process, your child will have had an alternative school place offered.
If you are applying for the new St Peter’s school on religious grounds, you should complete this form| and ensure that it is sent to the school (Iford site, Holdenhurst Avenue, BH7 6RG) by the 15 January 2014 closing date.


How do I apply for a school transfer during the academic year?

If your child is already attending a school but you wish to move them to another within the Borough of Bournemouth then you will need to complete an application form| and submit it to the Admissions Services Team.

If you would like information or advice about the process please contact the CIS| team on 01202 456223.


If I move into the area, how do I apply for a school place?

If you are moving into the Borough of Bournemouth, you should contact the Children's Information Service| (CIS) for advice.

A place at a school can usually be offered once contracts have been exchanged or a tenancy agreement signed and places cannot normally be reserved more than half a term in advance.

Alternatively you can complete the application form| and return to the Admissions Services Team.

Related Information


Postal Address Customer Service Centre,
St Stephens Road, Bournemouth, Dorset
Telephone 01202 456222
Fax 01202 454690
Minicom 01202 454974
Email Enquiries
image of a sunLike|