Accept Cookies on this site

Bournemouth Borough Council would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.

facebooknew| twitternew|

Follow us on

Facebook and Twitter

Money to help

What funding is available for families in the Bournemouth area?

Early Education Funding for three and four year olds

Early Education Funding (EEF) is money provided by central government to ensure that all eligible three and four year olds have access to quality early years education. Free early education places are available at a range of early years settings including nursery schools and classes, day nurseries, play groups and pre-schools and childminders. All children are eligible from the term following their third birthday, as long as they attend a childcare setting that is registered to provide early years education. 


Please see our Early Education Funding information sheet| for more information


Two Year Old Funding (Two's Too)

Two's Too funding is limited. We use national criteria set by central Government (criteria could be subject to change with new legislation). At least one parent or carer within the household has to be in receipt of one or more of the following:

  • Income Support or Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Child Tax Credit at a rate higher than the family element
  • Extra Working Tax Credit relating to disability
  • An income related employer and support allowance
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
  • The family receives Working Tax Credits and has annual gross earnings of no more than £16,190 per year
  • The child has a current statement of Special Educational Needs, or an Education, Health and Care plan
  • The child receiveds Disability Living Allowance
  • The child is looked after by the local authority
  • The child has left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order

If you would like to know more, please contact your local children's centre| or the Bournemouth Children's Information Service|.


Other Funding for Childcare

Tax Credits and Childcare Vouchers

Tax credits are payments from the Government. If you're responsible fore at least one child or young person, you may qualify for Child Tax Credit. If you work, but are on a low income, you may qualify for Working Tax Credit. You can often get both types of tax credits.


Childcare vouchers are used to pay for registered and approved childcare. They can be used to pay for the care of children up to the age of 15 years or 16 years if they are disabled.


Please see our Tax Credits and Childcare Vouchers information sheet| for more information.


If you are not currently claiming working tax credits, please contact the inland revenue for an information pack or to see if you are elidgible to claim:

Telephone Us0845 300 3900

Icon representing a globe for externally linked websites|


For further information please contact the Children's Information Service| 









Related Information


Postal Address Children's Information Service,
Customer Service Centre,
Town Hall,
St Stephen's Road,
Telephone 01202 456222
image of a sunLike|