Free 'Bikeability' Level 1 and 2 cycle training for children
Half Term Course
Thu 27 Oct Level 1 & Fri 28 Oct Level 2 - 13:00 - 16:00 - Kings Park Cycle Centre
Cycling is a healthy form of transport. Riding a bike can encourage independence, it's a convenient way to get to school and a great form of exercise. Our Bikeability Level 1 and 2 training course is designed for children aged 10 to 15 years to develop their on road cycle skills and to give them the confidence and skills to safely cycle on the roads.
This free course takes place at Kings Park Cycle Centre and takes two afternoons to complete. Our instructors are all fully qualified to the national standard and are DBS checked.
Who can join a session
- Children between 10 and 15 years old.
- Children that can ride a bike one handed in order to indicate and look over their shoulder.
- Children who have their own bike and helmet and have permission from a parent/carer to take part.
- Children who live or go to school in Bournemouth.
What they learn
The Bikeability course in Bournemouth combines Levels 1 and 2.
- Level 1 teaches riders how to control their bicycle and starts to make them aware of safety issues and bike maintenance.
- Level 2 involves taking the children out onto the road to teach them how to cycle as safely as possible, in real life situations.
To book a course
- Parent/guardian's full name
- Child’s full name
- Age of child
- Year group
- Mobile (for emergencies)
- Requested course date and course time