Bournemouth Adoption Service
Find out about the Bournemouth Adoption Service
Our Adoption and Permanence Team finds permanent and loving homes for children who can’t live with their birth families and have a plan for adoption.
We can give you information and advice to help you decide if adoption is for you. We have a team of helpful, understanding and experienced adoption social workers who are here to support you through every step along the way.
Why choose the Bournemouth Adoption Service
- We have a dedicated, friendly, supportive, and experienced team who will guide you through the assessment process and beyond.
- We work closely with our child care teams to understand the needs of each child with an adoption plan. This helps us to make excellent matches between children and adopters.
- Our adoption service was judged as outstanding with no recommendations for improvement in our 2012 Ofsted inspection.
- Our adoption team was named the National Adoption Service of the Year by the British Association for Adoption and Fostering in 2012.
- We offer a range of post adoption support services. These include newsletters, seminars for adopters, regular family events, groups for children and young people and access to adoption social work, medical and psychological support.
You can read an interview with Sue Crombleholme, one of our family support practitioners, about how we prepare children for adoption in BH Life magazine.
For more information, please get in touch, an experienced adoption social worker will be happy to chat to you and answer any questions you may have. You can also download our adoption information pack.
We welcome enquiries from across the whole of Dorset and parts of Wiltshire and Hampshire.