Getting About Smartcard and Ticket
One-day's unlimited travel on most buses within Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch for just five pounds
The 'Getting About' bus ticket is now available as a handy smartcard at the reduced price of just £5 for a day's travel.
Use the card as often as you need for one day's bus travel in Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch
Where can I use the Getting About smartcard?
- Getting About smartcard is valid on Yellow Buses, morebus, Damory, Route One and First buses within Poole, Bournemouth and Christchurch. Please note that the card is not valid for travel to surrounding areas outside of the scheme are (for example, Ferndown, Ringwood, Salisbury, Swanage and Wimborne).
- The ticket is not valid to/from Bournemouth International Airport
- The Getting About card is not valid on night buses and cannot be used on special on-off services (for example, park and ride for special events).
Getting About smartcard prices
- Adult £5
- Child £3 - for a young person up to 15 years, or up to 18 years with proof of age
- Group - there is no option to buy a group smartcard at this stage
Where to buy
Pick up your card from:
- Yellow Bus Enquiry Office on Avenue Road in central Bournemouth
- morebus enquiry office at Poole Bus Station
- the Information Office at Bournemouth Rail and Coach Station (underneath Asda)
There is no charge for the smartcard provided at least one day's bus travel is added at the time of collection. You can add more than one day's travel if you wish.
Topping up your Getting About smartcard
Once you have your card you can top up on the bus. Unfortunately it is not possible to refund any unused travel loaded on to a card so please keep it safe.
You can still buy paper Getting About tickets too
You can still buy a paper Getting About ticket from the driver of the first bus you board.
Getting About paper ticket prices
- Adult - £5.80
- Young Person - £3.60
- Group (up to two adults and two young people) - £14
What is Getting About?
Getting About is a partnership between Bournemouth Borough Council, Borough of Poole, Dorset County Council, Yellow Buses and morebus. The smartcard was developed through South West Smartcard Applications Ltd (SWSAL). SWSAL is a partnership of bus operators and local authorities working together in South West England.