The Care Act 2014
The Care Act brings together all previous adult social care legislation. Find out about our key duties under the Act.
Our key duties under the Act
- Promoting individual well-being
- Preventing needs for care and support
- Promoting integration of care and support with health services.
- Providing information and advice
- Promoting diversity and quality in provision of services
- Cooperating generally
- Cooperating in specific cases
Other aspects of the Care Act cover
- Care standards, including increasing the independence of the Care Quality Commission
- Ratings for hospitals and care homes
- Health, including setting up Health Education England
- The introduction of a cap on care costs for the elderly was proposed to be introduced in April 2016 but the government have now postponed this until 2020.
Find out more
The Department of Health has published a series of fact sheets about the Care Act.
Parliament also has information about the Act.