Who Can Have Social Care Services?
We help people with particular needs
After we assess your needs, we compare them with national criteria that the government give us. This is known as eligibility criteria and we use this to determine whether we can help you to get care and support.
You may have eligible needs if:
- You have care and support needs as a result of a physical or mental condition
- You struggle to do things like washing, having a healthy diet, moving around
your home or looking after your home
- You are at risk of abuse or neglect
- You have difficulty accessing the community, for example, attending appointments
- You need held to access activities, like education, paid or voluntary work
- You have difficulty keeping in touch with family or friends
- Because of your condition, you find it difficult to care for young members of your family
We will talk to you about whether:
- You are unable to do the things you want to
- Doing those things causes you a lot of pain, distress or anxiety
- Doing them takes you a very long time
- Whether doing them puts you or others in danger
If your needs have a significant impact on your wellbeing and you are eligible for care and support, and you would like our help, we will agree with you the best way for us to give the support you need.
In all cases, whether your needs are eligible for support or not, we will give you advice and information about what support is available within the community.