Help For Severe Mental Health Problems
Community Mental Health Teams work with you to develop your strengths and skills
Our Community Mental Health Teams (CMHT) look after people with severe mental health problems. They:
- Help you identify personal goals.
- Develop your strengths and skills.
- Stop your illness negatively affecting you and your family.
- Prescribe medication, see how effective it is and check for side effects.
- Assess and manage risks.
- Help you return to leisure, social and work activities.
- Help you to live at home or find other options.
Assessing your needs
If you’re 16 to 64 years old, a health or social care worker can refer you to us.
If you’re 65 or over, you’ll need to be referred by your doctor (GP).
We meet with you to learn about your needs and decide what kind of care is right for you.
Where we work
We work in the local community and generally see people at an outpatient or the local team base. If the situation is urgent or travelling to a clinic is difficult, we may see you at home.
CMHTs won’t charge you for their services. However, there may be charges for other care services, such as attending a day centre.
Ages 16 - 64
Hahnemann HouseHahnemann RoadBournemouthB5 2JW
Hahnemann: 01202 584440
Turbary: 01202 521997
King's Park HospitalGloucester Road
East: 01202 705557
Central: 01202 705660
Southbourne: 01202 705551
Outpatients: 01202 705542
King's Park HospitalGloucester RoadBoscombeBournemouthBH7 6JF
Tel: 01202 705596
Outpatients: 01202 705545