Community Employment Service
Helping you find work if you’re disabled
Our team is based at: 528 Wimborne Road, Winton, Bournemouth BH9 2EX and we can help you find work if you are disabled, over 14 years old and are:
- Looking for paid or voluntary employment, a work trial or learning opportunities
- Able to work two to four hours at a time
- Receive support services from the Council.
How we help
We offer up to 30 hours of one-to-one support to help you into work.
During this time, we work with you to identify your skills and experience. We can then help you find suitable work and prepare you for interview.
We help people get paid employment or work experience in all types of organisations including:
- Office work
We can offer further limited ongoing support once you’ve found a job, such as:
- Providing practical support when you start work.
- Making sure you have the right training and support at work.
- Keeping in touch to see how you are getting on.
- Helping if there is a problem at work.
We help you decide what you would like to learn and find courses for you. We’ll make sure that you get the learning that you need. We will:
- Meet with teachers or keyworkers and let them know what help you need
- Make sure you have the right support
- Keep in touch to see how you are getting on
- Help if there is a problem.
If you would like to speak to one of our team you can contact us direct on Telephone Number: 01202 531339.