Adapting Your Home

Help to stay independent at home

You may struggle to live safely and independently at home because of a disability or old age. There are changes you can make to your property to make your life easier. We may be able to help you pay for changes to help you stay independent at home.

An Occupational Therapist (OT) visits you at home to assess the difficulties you have with day-to-day living. They advise on options to help. These may include adaptations to your home that can help with how you access, move around within and use the rooms in your home.

Paying for changes to your home

You may qualify for a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) to help pay for any adaptations you need.

The Occupational Therapist assesses your needs, makes recommendations can support you to apply for this financial assistance.

To apply

You can contact us, as shown below, with Care Direct and request an assessment by an Occupational Therapist, who will assess your needs.