Extra Care Sheltered Housing
Living in an extra care housing scheme gives you care and support to help you live independently
Our purpose-built rented accommodation includes one and two-bedroom self-contained apartments. You have your own private living space with a team on site to manage the property and provide care and support when you need it.
There are also shared facilities that you can use and enjoy, such as:
- Lounges and dining rooms
We have the following Extra Care Housing schemes in Bournemouth:
- Hibberd Court, Ensbury Park
- Kingsley House, Moordown
- Vale Road, Boscombe
We have additional Extra Care Housing schemes which offer low, medium and high level support and are banded in accordance with your support needs.
- Brushett House, Draper Road, Kinson
- Craigleith, Boscombe
Who can live in Extra Care Housing
You can apply to live in Extra Care Housing if you are:
- Over 55
- Eligible for Bournemouth Council’s Housing Register
- Are physically or mentally frail or have a long-term condition
- Living in housing that can’t be adapted to meet your needs
- Already living in a care home, or are thinking of moving to one, and would prefer to live independently with support
- Don’t have the finances for a private scheme
To find out more, get in touch with Bournemouth Care Direct.