Help For People with Learning Disability Needs
Our Community Learning Disabilities team offer support,advice and guidance on services available for Adults18+ with a learning disability.
Our services are based on giving a combination of care and practical support in order for people with a learning disability to lead full and independent lives.
Our team comprises of Social Workers, Community Nurses, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists and we work together to:
- We provide care where necessary and give support to enable and encourage you to reach your full potential in all areas of your life.
- Help your carers and others to assist in supporting you.
- Give advice to keep healthy and to teach you the basic life skills in order for you to become more independent within the Community.
- We will assist in finding a place to live with the needed support in place and where you can feel safe and well
- We provide advice and assistance in contacting providers who can help with equipment to enable you to move safely in your own home.