Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service
On advice from the government regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), some services have changed. Find our latest information and advice on using our Beaches in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.
See further information about changes to services.
Making the seafront more friendly
We want everyone to enjoy Bournemouth’s seafront. Our beach huts, land trains and vehicle access guidelines make this possible.
Disabled access beach huts
Our disabled access beach huts at Boscombe seafront have enough space for four wheelchair users.
Each hut has:
- Four directors chairs
- A table
- A split-level work surface
- A gas stove
- Lockable cupboards
- A wall that can be taken down to connect two huts for a large group hire
And access to:
- An electric scooter charging point
- Parking bays
- Wooden pathways to the beach
- A Changing Places facility with a bed, toilet, sink, shower and a ceiling-mounted tracking hoist
For more information, or to book an accessible beach hut call 01202 451781.
Get Around Easily
For a quick and easy way to get to the beach from the cliff top, use one of our three fully accessible cliff lifts. Carers and children under five travel for free.
Our wheelchair-friendly land trains can take you along the bay between Alum Chine, Bournemouth Pier and Boscombe Pier, with a new route up to Boscombe Precinct and Boscombe Chine Gardens.
Trains run daily from April to October and during school holidays and at weekends outside of this time (subject to weather).
Hire specially adapted wheelchairs with balloon tyres from Boscombe Beach Office.
Cars on the Promenade
- There is parking on the Undercliff Drive promenade car park. Access in and out is via Sea Road and Boscombe Pier - follow all signs to Boscombe Beach.
- Free parking is available for disabled users who are exempt from road tax, but you will have to display a tax disc or contact our Parking team to be added to the list of exempt vehicles.
- If you are using a beach hut, we generally try to provide access first thing in the morning and again in the evening. Check with our Seafront Rangers for exact times as these may vary.
Accessible Toilets and Changing Places
Unisex accessible toilets accessed via RADAR key, available to buy at your nearest seafront office or Bournemouth Tourist Information Centre.
Accessible toilets located on the promenade at:
- Alum Chine
- Durley Chine
- Bournemouth West (by Happylands arcade)
- Bournemouth Pier entrance building
- Bournemouth East (by beach office)
- by Prom at Boscombe cafe (west of Boscombe Pier)
- Boscombe Overstrand
- Portman Ravine
- Fisherman's Walk
- Gordon's Zig Zag
Plus a Changing Places accessible facility featuring change bed, shower, electric ceiling hoist and toilet. Access with deposit key available from Boscombe Beach Office 01202 451773.