Household Collections – White Goods, TVs and Furniture
If you've got large or bulky waste items you need to get rid of, we'll help you find out how
If you have large or bulky household items that won’t fit in your Big Bin or Little Bin you can arrange collection of the following:
- Washing machines
- Other large items
The collection company charges a fee to remove large household items.
The minimum charge is £36.00 including VAT.
How to arrange a collection
Contact Watson Contract Cleaning Services, when you arrange your collection they will ask you for your name, address and telephone number and a description of the items you would like collected.
They will confirm whether they can collect your items for you, how much it will cost and when they will collect. If you are elderly, infirm or disabled and need assistance please mention this when you contact them.
You need to put the item for collection outside your home, where you would normally put your bins for collection.
How else can I get rid of large household items?
- If you are a Bournemouth resident you can also take items such as fridges, ovens or sofas free of charge to Millhams Community Recycling Centre, Christchurch Household Recycling Centre (based on Wilverley Road) or Nuffield Household Waste and Recycling centre.
- Dorset Reclaim is a charity that provides furniture and household items to those in the community who need it most.
- British Heart Foundation will collect furniture for free.
- DEBRA offers a free collection for large items. If you have furniture and electrical items in good condition, please contact the store on 01202 516917 to arrange collection or book online.
- Freegle matches people who have things they want to get rid of, with people who can use them
- skipandbin.com is a skip hire price comparison directory