Help us keep Bournemouth clean and free from litter
We’ve got a number of ways to deal with litter to keep Bournemouth a pleasant place for everyone to enjoy.
We provide litter bins throughout Bournemouth and encourage everyone to use them.
We also provide a street cleaning service for highways, public footways, pedestrian areas, car parks and many public areas across Bournemouth.
The busier the area, the more often we clean it. For example, the main shopping areas in town get cleaned most often.
- Clean road signs and street furniture
- Remove rubbish from Council land
- Empty litter bins before they become full
- Help with locally organised litter picks
- Hand-pick litter and rubbish from pavements or grass verges
- Use mechanical sweeping to clean gutters and roadways
- Get rid of chewing gum in pedestrian areas
- Clear major leaf falls from roads
- Collect discarded syringes and needles
Report full litter or dog bin
Please report a full bin to us
Report drug related litter
It is very important that you contact us immediately if you find drug related litter. You can call 01202 451199 during normal office hours or out of hours. We aim to collect and safely dispose of this potentially hazardous material the same day as it is reported.
Please let us know:
- details of where the items has been found
- how many and the type of items
- your contact details - in case an officer cannot find the item
- Don't touch the item
- Don't put it in a litter bin
- Don't try to flush it down a toilet