Energy Saving Tips: Compressed Air
Reducing the amount of compressed air you use is one of the fastest and most effective ways to save your business money
Reducing pressure by 10% can lead to a 5% energy saving.
Here are some quick ideas on how your business can save money:
- Make small, incremental reductions, checking that operations are not affected.
- Can the pressure be lowered? Check the requirements of your equipment and tools.
- Power delivered by compressed air is convenient but expensive – investigate if there are cheaper alternatives for some jobs.
- An idling compressor uses around 40% of its full load. Turn compressors off during breaks and when not required.
- Can power be delivered more efficiently? For instance, fitting a venture-type nozzle can use 30% less compressed air.