Energy Saving Tips: Heating
Reducing the amount of energy you use on heating is one of the fastest and most effective ways to save your business money
Here are some quick ideas on how your business can save money:
- Check room thermostats and thermostatic radiator valves are on the correct settings.
- Turning down the thermostat by 1°C can reduce your annual heating bill by 8-10%.
- Make sure heaters and radiators aren’t blocked by furniture.
- If you have fan heaters, check if the internal filters are clean. Fan heaters with dirty filters put out less heat and need to be on longer.
- Use timers to pre-heat your buildings in good time for when people arrive for work.
- Avoid heating rooms no one uses and make sure the building is not heated when not in use.
- Check your boilers: serviced boilers can save up to 10% on heating costs.
- Make sure you know where all the time switches are and make sure they are set to the correct time and correct day.
- Make sure that the heating isn't too hot in mild weather.