Energy Saving Tips: Lighting
Reducing the amount of energy you use on lighting is one of the fastest and most effective ways to save your business money
Here are some quick ideas on how your business can save money:
- Encourage staff to switch off lights in unoccupied areas or where daylight is adequate. You could cut your lighting costs by as much as 15%, just by making sure you turn lights off in rooms and corridors that aren't being used.
- If you’re only working in one part of the room, don’t have all the lights on.
- Use the most energy efficient bulbs available. If you have fluorescent tube lighting, replacing T12 tubes with T8s will reduce the lighting energy demand by 10%.
- Make sure windows and skylights are clean and free from obstructions to make maximum use of daylight.
- Turn off interior display lighting out of hours.
- Clean and check diffusers and reflectors.
- Label switches clearly so that lights can easily be turned off in unwanted area.