Giving Out Leaflets
If you want to hand out leaflets anywhere in Bournemouth you need a permit
Before you can begin your leafleting you’ve got to submit an application and pay a fee. We’ll decide if you can carry out your leafleting and issue your permit.
If your leaflet is for religious, political or charitable purposes, or you'll be leaving leaflets on a stall for people to take, then you don't need to apply for a leaflet permit.
You must make your request at least 2 weeks in advance and can't apply more than 1 month in advance.
Fill in our new faster online application form to apply to give out leaflets in Bournemouth. You'll be able to upload a copy of the leaflet you wish to give out, plus choose and pay for your permit.
The following permits are available:
- 1 month leaflet permit £25
- 3 month leaflet permit £65
- 6 Month leaflet permit £130
- 12 Month leaflet permit £260
If we decide that your leaflet is not suitable, we will give you 14 days to upload a revised version. If we don’t receive a suitable revised leaflet within this time, your application will be refused and you won’t be entitled to a refund.
• You’re only allowed a maximum of 8 people giving out leaflets.
• You can’t give out leaflets in Council car parks, parks, the Gardens, Pier Approach, the seafront or Bournemouth Square.
• You are responsible for providing copies of the permit to everyone that’ll be handing leaflets out and to be shown when asked.
• If you’re an agent you must get a permit for each business that you are promoting and ensure that the business name is on the leaflet.
• You’re not allowed to leave leaflets unattended for the general public to pick up. It’s the permit holder’s responsibility to pick up all of their leaflets dropped within their distribution area to a radius of 100 metres from the distribution point.
• The leaflets you hand out must not contain material that is considered racist, sexist, offensive, or that encourages criminal behaviour or irresponsible drinking.
• You can’t promote offers or discounts on alcohol.
We will withdraw your permit if you do not follow these terms and conditions. If this happens you won’t be entitled to a refund of your permit fee.