House to House Collections Permit

Apply for a permit to make charitable collections door-to-door

To make door-to-door charitable collections, you need to apply for a House to House Collection permit, which allows you to collect money as well as direct debit pledges, clothes, furniture or other items to help a charitable cause. Sometimes 'charity bags' are used to collect these items.

If you want to collect on a street as well you must apply for a street collection permit.

Application form

Fill in our online application form to apply to collect for charity in Bournemouth, Christchurch or Poole. You'll need to complete an application for each town you wish to collect in. You'll also be able to upload a copy of your permission from the charity. 

You need to complete an application for each collection you wish to make within the next 6 months giving us at least 1 months notice.  

You'll need to upload a letter of authorisation from the organisation or charity that you're raising money for. If you're a business representing these charities, you'll also need to upload a copy of your contract.

Financial returns

You'll need to submit a financial return within a month of the collection ending. You'll have to complete this return even if no money was collected. You also need to upload proof the amount has been paid to the charity. This can be a bank statement or letter/email from the charity.

Once your collection has ended, we'll send you an email with details of how to submit your financial return online. 



You will be unable to collect/sell for charity in the following No Doorstep Selling Zones:

South Western Crescent, Conifer Avenue, Kinson Avenue, Walton Road, St Clements Road, White Close, Gorse Hill Road, Gorse Hill Close, Gorse Hill Crescent, Silverdale Close, Dell Close, Gladelands Way, Clarendon Road, Roman Road, Rempstone Road, Brampton Road, Somerby Road, Curlieu Road, Popes Road, Darby's Lane, Dingley Road.