You may need a licence for your business. It’s our responsibility to make sure that businesses are registered. You can apply for a licence online. If you’re not sure if you need a licence, get in touch and we can help you find the right one

Charity Street Collections Guide

Charity Street Collections Simple Guide

Small Society Lottery

If you are planning to hold a raffle or a lottery find out whether you need permission and how you can apply.

Licensing Act

How to apply for a licence that covers late entertainment, alcohol and cinemas. View public notices and make representations.

Chaperone Licence

If you need to look after a child during a public performance, you'll need to get a Chaperone License. This is valid for one year.

Charitable Street Collections

Apply for permission to make charity collections in public streets. You must have a Street Collection permit to collect money in Bournemouth.

Child Performance Licence

If you want to work with and pay school-age children, you'll need a performance licence. The child will be absent from school.

Dangerous Wild Animal Licence

Dangerous Wild Animal Licence Application


Information on Gambling Licences issued by the council and how to apply.

Giving Out Leaflets

You've got to submit an application form and pay a fee. We decide if you can carry out your leafleting and issue your permit.

Hairdresser Registration

Hairdresser and barber registration

Animal Activity Licences

Apply for a animal activity licence for an animal boarding, pet shop, breeding dogs, hiring out horses or keeping of training animals for exhibition.

House to House Collections Permit

You need a licence to make charity collections house-to-house. You can find out how to apply here.

Licence To Sell Fireworks

We are responsible for the sale of fireworks and licence retailers selling fireworks

Licences for Cosmetic Piercing, Electrolysis, Tattooing And Acupuncture

If you want to run a cosmetic piercing, electrolysis, tattooing or acupuncture business, you need to register with us.

Licences for Petrol Filling Stations

Information on how to apply for a petrol station licence and fireworks licence.

Licensing a Venue for Marriages and Civil Partnerships

If you are a commercial business, you can apply to hold weddings and civil partnerships in your venue.

Personal Licence To Sell Alcohol

All sales of alcohol must be made by, or under the authority of, a Personal Licence Holder. Apply or renew a Personal Licence.

Poisons Licence

Guidance on Poisons licence

Public Weighbridge Operators

How to apply for a licence to become a public weighbridge operator in Bournemouth.

Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013

Scrap Metal Dealers in Bournemouth need to have a licence issued from us. Apply for one here.

Sex Establishment Licences

We regulate very seriously in this area. How to apply for a Sex Establishment Licence and what you need to do to qualify.

Street Trading & Pedlary

Ensuring that pedlars are carrying out their business lawfully by trading on the move and preventing the congregation of traders in the town.

Taxi Licensing

All taxi drivers in Bournemouth are registered through the council. You can apply for a taxi licence online or register a vehicle.

Temporary Event Notice

Guidance and Application for a Temporary Event notice. A TEN can be used for small events which sell of alcohol and provide public entertainment.