Licenses and permits

You may need a licence, a permit, or to be registered to operate your business. We can issue some of these whilst others are managed on a national level.

A-Z of licenses and permits

A full list of all the licences we can issue including advice and guidance for those issued at a national level.

Full A-Z


Gambling Act

The Gambling Act is a regulatory system to govern the provision of all gambling in Great Britain, other than the National Lottery and Spread Betting.

Licensing Act

The Licensing Act 2003 covers any establishment that wishes to supply alcohol, regulated entertainment and late night refreshment, such as public houses, theatres, cinemas, restaurants, nightclubs and hotels.