Comments And Complaints
Your guide to making a comment, compliment or complaint
We are always striving to improve our services. If you have a comment, compliment or complaint let us know. Any comment, good or bad, helps us to understand what people do and don’t like about our services and how we can make them better in the future.
Tell us about your comment, compliment or complaint
Comments and suggestions
If you have comments or suggestions about how our services could be improved, we would like to hear them and will always acknowledge and pass them to the relevant service.
Our staff welcome compliments and we appreciate being told when we are doing things right. We will acknowledge any compliments and make sure they are passed to the relevant people
A complaint is a way to tell us you are not happy with some aspect of our service.
First, please contact the service you want to complain about. They may be able to resolve your concern quickly and avoid you having to go through the formal complaints process. It is helpful if you explain why you are unhappy and what you think should be done to resolve the problem. We'll investigate and try to put things right where we can.
If you are a council tenant complaining about your housing you need to complete our complaints process before contacting the housing ombudsman.
How we deal with complaints
- let you know we have received your complaint within 3 working days
- let you know who will handle your complaint
- make sure we understand what your complaint is about
- find out what you want to happen to put things right
- investigate and respond to you within 20 working days
- let you know if we need more time to investigate your complaint and when we hope to provide a final response
- apologise if we find we have failed to provide the level of service you should expect and look to put things right
- welcome your view of what needs to be done to resolve any problem
- arrange for a review of your complaint if you remain unhappy and aim to respond to you within 15 working days
Generally we do not investigate complaints about something you knew about more than 12 months before contacting us for the first time.
There are separate procedures for:
If things are still not right
You can refer your complaint to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman who will carry out an independent review.
Please note the LGSCO will not normally accept a complaint which has not been considered under the council’s complaint process first.
To make a complaint to the Ombudsman:
For Council tenant complains contact:
For all other complaints:
- Go to www.lgo.org.uk
- Call 0300 061 0614
- Text phone users using Next Generation Text can text call back to 0762 481 1595