Appealing Your Liability

What you can do if you think your liability is wrong

If you disagree with our decision, you can write to us and ask for the decision to be looked at again. 

If we are not able to change the decision in your favour you then have a further right of appeal to an independent tribunal. 

This appeal must be made in writing to the Valuation Office Agency contact details on the GOV.UK website. You must contact them within two months of the date of our letter to.

If you are unable to use electronic communications, please write to:

The Valuation Tribunal Service

Durham Customer Service Centre
Wycliffe House
Green Lane

If you make an appeal, any third parties concerned will be invited to attend or make representation. 

Making an appeal does not give you the right to withhold payment. If you make a successful appeal, any money you have overpaid will be refunded to you.