Council Tax Support

You can apply for Council Tax Support if you're on low income and liable to pay Council Tax.

Council Tax relief during Coronavirus (COVID-19)

We have received funding from the Government allowing us to offer a further savings for recipients of Council Tax support

Who Can Apply for Council Tax Support?

You can apply for Council Tax Support if you are on a low income and are liable to pay Council Tax

Support Calculator

The Support Calculator can give you an idea of what Housing Benefit or Council Tax support you could be entitled to.

Claim Online

You can make a claim online or use the Benefit Calculator to see how much you're entitled to.

How Can I Provide the Evidence You Need?

Evidence for Benefit claim

Discretionary Payments

You could receive a payment if your housing benefit doesn't cover your rent.

Other Organisations And Help

You can contact the Citizens' Advice Bureau and other government organisations for help about benefits and council tax.

Useful Forms

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction forms available online.

Problems With Your Council Tax Support

If you've received a decision about your Tax Support but you think it's wrong, we can look over it again.

Appeal A Decision About Your Council Tax Support

If we've looked over a decision we've made and you still think it's wrong, you can appeal at the Valuation Tribunal Service.