Annual confirmation of residents in Bournemouth
Household Enquiry Forms
Our canvassers are currently door-knocking properties to collect a response to Household Enquiry Forms, which we are required, by law, to undertake. The reason Electoral Registration Officers are required to complete an annual canvass is to update and maintain the Electoral Register; and ensure that it is as accurate as possible. Find out more about the Electoral and Open Registers.
The Household Enquiry Form (HEF) is addressed to The Occupier and contains the details of anyone in the household registered to vote. Our Canvassers will be sent to all non-responding households to collect this information.
What you need to do with the Household Enquiry Form
You can complete the form using the below information:
No change/no one eligible - please do one of the following 4 options:
(Security codes will be on the front or inside of your Household Enquiry Form)
- Confirm via www.elecreg.co.uk/bournemouth using your security codes
- Call our automated freephone number 0808 284 1473, using your security codes
- Text your security codes 1 and 2, with a space in between, to 07786 209 373 e.g. 1234 4567 (standard network charges apply), or
- Complete, sign and return the form using the reply-paid envelope provided (postage is free)
If you provide the information online, via text or our automated telephone service then you do not need to return the form to us.
Names to be added/deleted - please do one of the following 2 options:
- Go to www.elecreg.co.uk/bournemouth, using your security codes, or
- Complete, sign and return the form using the reply-paid envelope (postage is free)
Please note: If you are adding names, the Household Enquiry Form is not a registration form but you do need to complete it via one of the above options. The information you provide enables us to send a separate individual registration form to all the people in your household who are eligible and need to register. We encourage anyone who is eligible to also register online at www.gov.uk/registertovote. We then won't need to send them an individual registration form.
If an email address is provided on the Household Enquiry Form for new residents then we shall send them an email containing details for online registration.
For more details on the electoral registration system please visit www.gov.uk/yourvotematters.
If you have any queries or require further information you can call Electoral Services on 01202 451123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.