Advice for Landlords
How we help local landlords
Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice and guidance
Advice and guidance is available to help support landlords and agents with private rented properties during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
See further information about changes to services.
We’d like to help you avoid, or work out any difficulties between you and your tenants before a bad situation gets worse. We can help you by:
- Being a go-to contact if you and your tenants are having communication problems
- Setting up direct Housing Benefit payments if your tenants are on the Rent Deposit Scheme
- Giving you information and advice about Deposit Protection Schemes
- Offering a Grant to help fund with insulation and any re-workings
- Giving you advice and guidance to help you meet legal requirements
- Giving your tenants advice about caring for their home
You can speak to a housing options officer about any tenancy-related concerns.
If you would like information about the Rent Deposit Scheme, you need to speak to a rent deposit officer.
If you have a health and safety concern, speak with a member of the private sector housing team.
We want Bournemouth's landlords to be well informed about current tenancy laws and provide good quality properties. This is why we’re a part of the following initiatives:
- The Dorset Register of Accredited Landlords
- The Bournemouth and Poole Landlord Exhibition
- Tackling Rogue Landlords