Grounds & Gardens
Grounds maintenance service for our properties
Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service
On advice from the government regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we have changed the way we are delivering some of our services.
Our focus remains on providing:
- emergency repairs
- supporting the elderly and vulnerable
- urgent housing management advice
- help and advice on paying your rent
See further information about changes to other services.
Our grounds maintenance team keep communal outdoor areas tidy and safe for our tenants, they:
- Cut the grass, inspect trees and prune shrubs and hedges
- Ensure paths and car parks are clear of overhanging plants and treat them with herbicide to stop moss and weeds
- Clear fallen leaves between October and January and litter pick during their visits
- Recycle grass cuttings and prunings into mulch that’s used on lawns and flowerbeds
Looking after your garden
As a tenant, we expect you to keep your garden tidy. You need to make sure your paths, patios and decking areas are looked after and your grass is mowed. You are not allowed to dump or store rubbish in your garden.
If you plant trees, shrubs and plants, think how big they might grow and whether they’re suitable for the space.
Before you decide to remove any trees on your property please contact us for advice. Some trees are protected by tree preservation orders. We will not cut down trees unless they are dangerous, encroaching or diseased.
If you are proud of your garden why not enter our annual beautiful garden competition? All the details are available in Home News.
Getting help with your garden
If your garden is becoming too much for you to manage call your housing officer. They can help you move to a more suitable property or see if you are eligible for our assisted gardening service.
Assisted gardening is only available to over 75s living in a one-bedroom bungalow with a tenancy dating from before 1st June 2005. The service includes four visits for grass cutting and two for pruning hedges and shrubs per year.