Repairs And Maintenance
We have a repair centre to help keep homes in good condition
Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service
On advice from the government regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we have changed the way we are delivering some of our services.
Our focus remains on providing:
- emergency repairs
- supporting the elderly and vulnerable
- urgent housing management advice
- help and advice on paying your rent
See further information about changes to other services.
Our tenants can use our Repairs Centre to report work that needs to be done at home. Some repairs are our responsibility and some are yours. If we carry out repairs that are your responsibility we will charge you. A handy repairs guide is available.
The Repairs Centre is open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.15pm. You can call the centre on Freephone 08000 281870 (or 01202 458326 from mobiles) or email them. You can also report repairs by visiting the Kinson Hub.
We offer “all day appointments” as standard, meaning you will need to wait in on the day of your appointment until we are able to visit you. Where possible, we can also offer you more convenient appointment slots if you have work, hospital or childcare commitments, just mention this when calling to report your repair.
We also offer a text message service to all customers who have a mobile phone, you will receive three messages to help remind you about your repair appointment:
- An appointment confirmation after you have reported the repair
- A reminder on the afternoon before your scheduled appointment
- ‘En Route’ message to let you know that a member of staff is on their way to your address.
To receive this service please make sure we have your latest contact details and note the sender details will appear as MTC APPT on your mobile phone.
Report emergency repairs 24 hours a day seven days a week by calling 08000 281870. Only call outside office hours if:
- Your home is not secure
- You have no heating or hot water (November to April only)
- You have a serious water leak
- Your only toilet does not flush
- You have lost your electricity or water supply
Please make sure your repair is an emergency before requesting a call out. You will be charged for non-emergency out of hours calls, and repairs that are not our responsibility.
Urgent or emergency calls will be dealt with on the day of reporting. Please stay at home until our engineer arrives, they will be with you as soon as possible.