Your Council House

Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service

On advice from the government regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we have changed the way we are delivering some of our services

See further information about changes to other services.

If you’re a council tenant, we’re your landlord. We’ve got lots of advice for council tenants about their homes. If you’ve got a problem with your house and you’re not sure what to do, you can find what help we offer here


Adapting Your Home To Meet Your Needs

If you are struggling with day-to-day living there may be adaptations we can make to your home that will help.

Boiler Renewal

Boilers at our properties are replaced every 17 years. Find out when yours is due for renewal and what to do when the time comes.

Gas Safety

Find out why you need an annual gas safety check and what to do if you suspect a problem with any of your gas appliances.

Grounds & Gardens

Tenants are expected to keep their gardens tidy. Communal areas are looked after by our grounds maintenance team.

Keeping a Pet

Council tenants need permission to keep pets at their properties. If you want to get a pet you can download the application form here.

Lodgers & Subletting

Advice on taking in a lodger or subletting space in your council home.

Moving Home

Information for council tenants on applying to move home, exchange home or buy a share of their home.

Repairs and Maintenance

Information for council tenants on how to book contractors for home maintenance and emergency repairs.

Careline Alarms

a 24 hour service for use in an emergency or when assistance or reassurance is needed