Free Money And Debt Advice For Council Tenants

Get free help and advice for money worries or debt problems if you are a council tenant

Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service

On advice from the government regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we have changed the way we are delivering some of our services

See further information about changes to other services.

How our money advisor, Karen, can help you

Advice on how to:

  • increase your income
  • manage your money if things are spiralling out of control
  • claim all the benefits you are entitled to
  • put together a budgeting plan


  • information about grants made by charities which may be able to help you
  • education employment and training advice

Karen can meet you at a convenient location or even in your own home. 

How to make an appointment

Call 01202 123300 or or email Karen

Alternatively, you can speak to your Housing Officer or Kinson Hub reception to make an appointment. 

More help to deal with debt problems

You may be entitled to claim Universal Credit. Apply as soon as possible, as some changes cannot be backdated. 

Use the online benefits calculator or make an appointment with our money advisor to check you are getting all the help that’s available to you.