Our Offers To You
Service Standards for Council tenants and leaseholders
Council tenants and leaseholders have the right to expect a good service from us as their landlord.
We have worked with a number of involved residents to draw up the following "Local Offers" to ensure our customers know what to expect from us.
- Provide a fast and efficient service by responding to your enquiry within ten working days, depending on the complexity of the enquiry.
- Offer you an all-day appointment as standard when you report a repair, and adapt this if you have a need for a more specific appointment time.
- Show you official identification including a photo when one of our officers or contractors visits your home.
- Investigate your complaint thoroughly and learn from it. We aim to respond fully within 10 working days or update you where this is not possible.
- Treat everyone fairly and provide you with the information you need, in ways that suit you and that you find easy to understand.
- Ask you for your consent to share your information and maintain the highest standard of security and confidentiality with your personal information.
- Advise you on how to pay your rent and how to go about claiming any relevant benefits.
- Contact you if you fall two weeks behind with your rent payments, tell you how much you owe, give you payment advice and tell you what will happen if you fail to pay.
- Contact you within five working days of receipt of your anti-social behaviour complaint (24 hours for a serious allegation) to discuss the issue and how best we can help you.
- Inspect and clean the communal areas of all blocks of flats in order to maintain standards of health and safety, cleanliness and repairs.
- Remove from internal communal areas or housing land, rubbish, graffiti and fly tipping that is reported to us.
- Visit all external communal areas regularly to ensure they are kept clean and tidy, keeping all footpaths and car parks clear of overhanging material and weeds.
- Attend and make safe all repairs within the prescribed timescales depending on the urgency and scale of the repair.
- Inform you when repairs are your responsibility. We will ensure chargeable repairs are only carried out with your agreement.
- Respond to tenants requests for permission to carry out their own home improvements within ten working days of receiving the request.
- Give you at least one month’s notice of any modernisation, refurbishment or improvement works to be undertaken in your home.
- Carry out customer satisfaction surveys on a random selection of completed repairs or refurbishments to tenants homes. The result of these surveys will be scrutinised by our involved residents.