Who's involved?

Take a look at who’s taking part and how they can help

The organisations below are involved in Let’s Talk Renting and can provide support and guidance on a range of issues. 

If you’re already in rent arrears, start by calling BCP Council on 01202 123147.

We can put you in contact with the right people to solve your problem. If you need advice but aren’t yet in arrears, please see how other organisations involved can help.

Advice on paying your rent

BCP Council

BCP Council has teams in place to support you with all aspects of your tenancy, be it the rent deposit loan scheme or our early prevention team. 

DWP Housing Partnership

DWP Housing Partnership has a number of experts to help you with budgets, payment plans and benefit claims if you rent through them.

Legal Advice

Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice provides information, education and advice services to help you solve a range of problems. This includes:

  • Housing
  • Debt
  • Benefits
  • Employment
  • Family and relationships
  • Legal 
  • Immigration
  • Consumer issues

Their services are delivered from their main sites and from outreaches across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole to improve access for all.


Shelter provides advice, support and legal services, helping millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness.

They help through face to face sessions at their office near the Triangle, Bournemouth, but also have online chat facilities and an urgent helpline, telephone: 03445 151 400.

Employment support

Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)

Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is an official government department, responsible for running all local jobcentres. They can help with any employment issues you might be facing.

Universal Credit is for people who are on a low income or out of work, and is usually paid as a single monthly payment to a whole household. The DWP can help you understand Universal Credit.

For further support, visit the jobcentre in Bournemouth or Poole.

WISE Ability Services

WISE Ability Services assist those who are disadvantaged or have a disability to find employment, as well as supporting employers to enable this.

They support adults in Dorset aged over 25 to enhance their skills and offer tailored information, advice and guidance. 

Telephone 01202 026982 or free phone 0300 303 3737 to organise a meeting and get started.

Training and guidance

Bournemouth Churches Housing Association (BCHA)

Bournemouth Churches Housing Association (BCHA) offer a range of housing as well as support with health, learning and work.

Faithworks Wessex

Faithworks Wessex are a local independent Christian charity, and help people find practical solutions around food, finances, home and people.

They work with foodbanks to ensure that those who need food and emergency accommodation can access it, as well as offering new skills such as cooking and budgeting.


YMCA offers a wide range of housing for adults aged 18 to 65, support, work, family services, training and education schemes.

New for 2020 is a community Money Advice Hub to help you with debt and budgeting. You can access some of their accommodation through nomination by BCP Council or apply directly to join their waiting list.

For further details about YMCA housing, email admissions@ymcabournemouth.org.uk

Urgent help

If you are already homeless, telephone 01202 123147 and someone will be able to help you.

If you are struggling to cope, please call the Samaritans on 116 123. This is a free number and is open 24/7.