Private Sector Housing

Everyone deserves to live in decent, safe accommodation

All landlords have certain obligations to ensure your property is kept in reasonable repair, is in a safe condition and complies to the relevant housing legislation.

This legislation differs depending on how the property is occupied and for Houses in Multiple Occupation is more prescriptive than those properties occupied by single families.

Deregulation Act 2015 – Retaliatory Evictions

The 2015 Act has also made the following changes to no-fault eviction legislation (which came into force on 1 October 2015)

Housing Health and Safety Rating System Guidelines

The system looks at different hazards and provides a framework for assessing and evaluating potential risk to health and safety

Licensable Houses in Multiple Occupation

HMO landlords must provide safety certificates for electrical installations, fire alarms, and emergency lights or fire extinguishers in the property

Poor Housing Conditions and Complaints Procedure

We may be able to help, if you live in private rented or Housing Association property in disrepair, if your landlord or letting agent are not.

Single Dwellings

A landlord is responsible for ensuring maintaining your property. It should be suitably heated, all doors and windows work and are weatherproofed

The Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm (England) Regulations 2015

This act requires that both smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms to be installed in rented residential accommodation.

Supporting Immigration and UK Settlement Applications

We are able to support a settlement or immigration for UK clearance application, in respect of housing conditions if requested.