Finding Bournemouth Library
Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service
All BCP libraries have reopened with interim opening hours, see the latest Library service information.
See information about changes to services.
Getting to the library is easy, there are lots of public transport routes
Bournemouth Library is in The Triangle in the heart of the town. There is a small grassy patch with trees and a large pedestrian zone with cafe seating areas in front of the library.
If you're coming from the Square you need to head uphill through the pedestrian shopping area; or you can walk through the gardens, if you take the slope between the playground and the tennis court cafe you'll come out opposite us.
If you're coming from Westbourne just come straight down Poole Hill until you reach The Triangle.
You can get to Bournemouth Library using the following directions:
- Turn off the A338/Spur Road/Wessex Way at the Bournemouth West roundabout (B3066 Cambridge Road).
- At the next roundabout, (St Michael's) take the first exit onto Poole Road/Poole Hill.
- Continue to the traffic lights. Turn left onto The Triangle.
- You will see Bournemouth Library just down the hill.
- Before you get to the library take the road on the left, then turn right. Enter the Avenue Road Car Park.
There are disabled parking bays at the front of the building. If you want to park somewhere else, see our town centre car parks page or use the car park finder.
By coach, rail and bus
Bournemouth Library is two miles from Bournemouth's Travel Interchange, which includes the railway station, taxi ranks, coach stations and bus stops.
Buses leave frequently. To get to the library catch a bus to The Triangle, it'll take about fifteen minutes to get there.
Get in touch
Tel: 01202 454848
email: Bournemouth Library