Who Can Use a Blue Badge
You don’t need to be registered as disabled to apply for a Blue Badge
You can apply for a Blue Badge if any of the following situations apply to you:
- You can’t walk far due to a permanent disability
- You have a child under 3 who needs bulky medical equipment or treatment
- You are an organisation that transports disabled people
Do I automatically qualify?
The following people will automatically qualify for a Blue Badge.
- If you're driving on behalf of someone registered blind
- You get the higher rate mobility part of your Disability Living Allowance
- You get a War Pension Mobility Supplement
- You have been assessed by the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA) and so awarded a benefit with the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
When you apply, you’ll be asked questions about your eligibility. You’ll need to provide a copy of any letter that proves your eligibility before you find out if you can get a Blue Badge.
Report Blue Badge Fraud
If you suspect misuse of a blue badge, please let us know by completing our Fraud Referral Report Form.