Disabled Tax Exempt Vehicle (DTEV) parking permit
Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) we have made changes to parking restrictions in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.
All current valid permits and season tickets will be extended by one month. We will review this after three weeks.
See further information about changes to services.
Disabled parking in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole's car parks.
Our Disabled Tax Exempt Vehicle parking permit (DTEV), allows permit holders to park in most Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council off-street pay and display car parks when open to the public without buying a pay and display ticket.
Applications are welcome for a Disabled Tax Exempt Vehicle Permit if your vehicle is registered as tax exempt on grounds of disability or if your vehicle would qualify for disability exemption as detailed on GOV.UK
The vehicle must be registered in the disabled person’s name or their nominated driver’s name. The permit must only be used for the disabled person’s personal needs; it cannot be used by the nominated driver for their own personal use.
A BCP Council DTEV Permit costs £25 for 12 months. If you are in receipt of BCP Council tax support the permit will be free of charge.
Apply for a Disabled Tax Exempt Vehicle Permit
During the application process you must upload one of the following:
- Pages 1 and 2 of V5C document
- Letter from Motability confirming full address and vehicle registration number
If the V5C does not state the vehicle is classified as disabled tax exempt please also upload one of the following:
- High Rate Mobility Allowance of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Enhanced Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- War Pensions Mobility Supplement
- Armed forces independence payment.
Please be aware, this is a virtual permit and you will not receive a paper permit to display in your vehicle.
When setting up your permit account, if your postcode is BH1-BH11 please select the ‘resident’ option from the drop down box. Currently if your postcode is BH12 or above you will need to select the ‘non-resident’ option.
If you are unable to upload the proof documents, please save your application (noting down the permit application number) and either scan and email the documents to email@example.com (quoting the application number) or post to BCP Council Customer Service Centre, St Stephens Road, BH2 6EB (quoting the application number). We will add the documents to your application for one of our team to review.
Terms and Conditions
- Your BCP DTEV Permit is valid only for the eligible vehicle registered in the disabled persons name or in their nominated driver’s name
- If you change your vehicle and this vehicle is eligible to continue using a DTEV permit you must submit up to date evidence of the eligibility via your online permit account. On receipt of this evidence this will be reviewed and if eligible the vehicle details will be changed on your virtual permit
- The permit must only be used for the disabled person’s needs and cannot be used by the nominated driver for their own personal use
- The permit gives exemption to pay and display charges in all BCP Council Pay and Display car parks
- The permit does not give exemption to the charges if parking in a BCP Council Pay on Exit car park (e.g. multi-storey car park)
- There is not a requirement for the permit to be used in conjunction with a valid disabled badge. However, if you are parking in a Disabled Parking Space a valid disabled badge must be displayed
- A Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) may be issued where a contravention is believed to have taken place. If you wish to appeal you must follow the instructions issued with the PCN
- Cars and their contents are parked entirely at the risk of the owner and neither the Council nor its servants accept responsibility for loss or damage to any third party
- This permit is valid for the duration issued and is not refundable
- By applying for this permit, I confirm the information in the application is correct and complete. I understand that it is an offence to dishonestly make a false statement or produce false information (or cause or allow another to do so) or to misuse or allow my permit to be misused and that in such circumstances the Council may cancel my permit and no refund will be given
- I confirm I have read and understood the Council’s privacy statements
- If you apply for this permit you will give us authorisation to check the Council Tax records to verify the household is in receipt of Council Tax support