Contractors Parking Dispensation
What to do if you need to park in a restricted area while carrying out work
If you drive a commercial vehicle, or are a contractor and need to park in a restricted area for a job, you need to apply for dispensation.
You must apply at least 3 days before the start date of the works.
If the dispensation is approved, we'll email you with payment details. Your permit is then valid once payment is received. Please note, you'll be issued a virtual permit - you won't have the hassle of a paper permit to worry about.
- £15.00 for one day (per vehicle)
- £30.00 for one week (per vehicle)
You can pay by debit or credit card.
A dispensation permit is only issued for a maximum of 2 weeks at a time.
If it is an emergency job. Please phone 01202 451268 to speak to a Parking Services Operations Supervisor to see if you can have permission
Terms and conditions
- Failure to comply with these conditions will lead to the withdrawal of the Dispensation. It may also result in the issue of a Penalty Change Notice.
- This is not a general dispensation. It is only issued in respect of the vehicle, dates, location and purposes approved by the Council.
- Materials or goods must not be deposited on the foot way or carriageway (except to the immediate rear of the vehicle). Nor shall they be passed across any part of the foot way or carriageway in any manner which may interfere with the safety of pedestrians and/or of other vehicles.
- The dispensation does not permit general parking at the location stated. The motorist must move the vehicle elsewhere and within the regulations once the purpose stated has been accomplished.
- The applicant/driver must display clearly a telephone number and/or address at which he/ she can be contacted immediately.
- The applicant/driver must move the vehicle if so directed by a police officer or a civil enforcement officer authorised by the Council.
- The applicant/driver must park safely at all times and not obstruct access to side roads and/ or adjacent premises.
- This dispensation is non-refundable.