Order for Recovery

What happens if you don’t pay your Penalty Charge Notice on time

The Traffic Enforcement Centre (TEC) will send an Order for Recovery.  Your parking fine will rise by £8. This debt is registered against you and your vehicle.

If we get your payment by the date on the Order of Recovery form, we’ll close the case.

Is the charge registered as a judgment?

No. However, the charge is registered with the County Court.

Can the Traffic Enforcement Centre give me any advice?

The TEC can give you advice about their procedures but they can’t give you legal advice.

The registration can be challenged by making a witness statement or out of time witness statement if:

  • You didn’t get a Penalty Charge Notice/Notice to Owner
  • You sent us a representation against the Penalty Charge Notice within 28 days and you haven’t received a Rejection Notice
  • You’ve appealed to the Traffic Penalty Tribunal against our decision to reject the representation within 28 days of receiving a Rejection Notice, but you haven’t had a response
  • The Penalty Charge Notice has been paid

If any one of these reasons apply, you should file a Witness Statement (TE9) with the Traffic Enforcement Centre by the date on the Order for Recovery form. 

Can I find out if a warrant’s been issued?

Yes, contact us or the Traffic Enforcement Centre (TEC), you’ll need to quote your Penalty Charge Notice number.

The Bailiff's behaviour was inappropriate. What should I do?

You should send us and the Bailiff Company a written complaint.

Who do I contact about Enforcement Agents action?


Customer Call Centre: 01604 628360

General Enquiries: 01604 628360


Customer Call Centre: 0845 074 3749

24 Hour automated payment line: 0845 671 0049

Website for online payments: www.marstongroup.co.uk/payment