Pay or Challenge a Parking or bus lane Fine, Ticket Starting with BB

Pay for your parking or bus lane fine, also known as a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN), or find out how to appeal it.

You cannot pay and challenge the ticket at the same time. Payment of the Penalty Charge Notice will close any pending challenge and close the case.

Uploading Evidence, it must not be greater than 5MB in size and we only accept the following formats :- jpg, jpeg and pdf

How to pay a parking or bus lane fine starting BB

It's easy to pay your Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)


You’ll need your Penalty Charge Notice number and your vehicle registration number pay a Penalty Charge Notice online 

By phone

Call our automated payment service on 01202 377001 at anytime.

Credit and debit cards

You can pay with most credit or debit cards apart from American Express or Diners Club. You cannot use Electron on our automated payment service.

You can pay your fine at the discounted rate

  • Within 21 days if your offence was captured by School Cameras.
  • Within 14 days for all other offences.

Challenge a parking or bus lane fine

What to do if you get a parking fine you disagree with

Can I see the photographs taken of my vehicle before making a challenge?

Yes, you can see photos online. You’ll need:

  • Your Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) number
  • Your vehicle’s registration number  
  • Adobe Shockwave to view moving images

Discretion Guidance

You can look at our discretion guidance for the enforcement and cancellation of penalty charge notices.

If you disagree with your Penalty Charge Notice

You can challenge a Penalty Charge Notice online or by post.  If you challenge within the discount period stated on your notice and we reject it, you can still pay at the discounted rate. However, you can’t challenge and pay the ticket at the same time.

If you challenge after this period you'll have to pay the full amount. We’ll write with our decision even if we cancel your charge.

You may upload evidence .

When uploading Evidence, it must not be greater than 5MB in size and we only accept  the following types:-

Scanned document or photo in JPEG format (jpg)

Scanned document or photo in JPEG format (jpeg)

 Pdf format (pdf)

What if my challenge is rejected?

We will write to the DVLA if we don't receive your payment after 28 days to obtain the name and address of the registered owner and issue a Notice to Owner.

How to make a Representation on receipt of the Notice to Owner? 

This can be done in the following ways:

What if my Representation is rejected?

We’ll send you a letter called a Notice of Rejection. This will tell you how much you need to pay and when you need to pay us by.

If you want to appeal further, you can contact the Traffic Penalty Tribunal (TPT).

If you have received an ORDER OR RECOVERY (TE3/9 or PE2/3)

You cannot make a representation online, you must either make payment as per the instructions on the form.

Or complete the form as per the instructions, if one of the four grounds applies and send the completed form to the Traffic Enforcement Centre(not the Council).

British Parking Association video on what to do if you receive a Penalty Charge Notice.

Order for Recovery

What happens if you don’t pay your Penalty Charge Notice on time.

The Traffic Enforcement Centre (TEC) will send an Order for Recovery.  Your parking fine will rise by £8. This debt is registered against you and your vehicle.

If we get your payment by the date on the Order of Recovery form, we’ll close the case.

Is the charge registered as a judgment?

No. However, the charge is registered with the County Court.

Can the Traffic Enforcement Centre give me any advice?

The TEC can give you advice about their procedures but they can’t give you legal advice.

The registration can be challenged by making a witness statement or out of time witness statement if:

  • You didn’t get a Penalty Charge Notice/Notice to Owner
  • You sent us a representation against the Penalty Charge Notice within 28 days and you haven’t received a Rejection Notice
  • You’ve appealed to the Traffic Penalty Tribunal against our decision to reject the representation within 28 days of receiving a Rejection Notice, but you haven’t had a response
  • The Penalty Charge Notice has been paid

If any one of these reasons apply, you should file a Witness Statement (TE9) with the Traffic Enforcement Centre by the date on the Order for Recovery form. 

Can I find out if a warrant’s been issued?

Yes, contact us or the Traffic Enforcement Centre (TEC), you’ll need to quote your Penalty Charge Notice number.

The Bailiff's behaviour was inappropriate. What should I do?

You should send us and the Bailiff Company a written complaint.

Who do I contact about Enforcement Agents action?

Customer Call Centre: 01604 628360

General Enquiries: 01604 628360

Customer Call Centre: 0845 074 3749

24 Hour automated payment line: 0845 671 0049

Website for online payments: