Paying My Benefits Overpayments

There are several ways that you can pay an invoice

We will send you an invoice if we have overpaid your Housing Benefit.  You’ll find options on how to pay this on the letter we send.

If you can't pay the bill in full and need to spread the payments contact us to discuss a repayment plan.  Our telephone number will be on the invoice we sent you.  

Standing Order

Download a Standing Order form.  Complete the form and send it to your bank. 

Direct Debit

Download a direct debit form.  Complete the form and return it to the address on the form

Paying online

You can pay online with a debit card or credit card.

Please note that when using this payment method, it will show on your bank statement (regardless of type of payment) as:-

On-line payment

BCP Council

On the phone

Make a payment by calling our 24 hour payment line on 0330 088 7966. You’ll be able to use a debit or credit card. Have your reference ready.  

Transfer funds online or by phone

If you use online banking, you can pay by transferring funds.  You'll need:

  • Our sort code 40 13 07
  • Our account number 21006622
  • Your Invoice number 

By post or visit us

We cannot accept cash at the Town Hall or via post.  If you want to pay us by cheque, you can either post it or bring it to our offices:

Revenue and Benefits
Town Hall,
St Stephen’s Road,
BH2 6EB 

Cheques need to be made payable to ‘BCP Council’. You must write your Housing Benefits Overpayment reference on the back of the cheque.