Housing Landlord Services Privacy Notice
This page explains how your information will be held about you and processed by Housing Landlord Services
Please read BCP Council's general privacy notice as well as this notice.
What we do
We are responsible for managing the Council’s Bournemouth Neighbourhood Housing stock. This includes the allocation of housing, dealing with tenancy issues, collecting rent and carrying out repairs.
The purposes we use your personal information for
We collect and process your personal information to provide these services to you. This will include:
- Assessing housing applications
- Offering you the tenancy of a property
- Communicate with you by your preferred means
- Keeping you informed about services we offer which may be useful to you.
- Contacting you to arrange for services provided to you for example, repairs to your home.
- To ensure that we take account of any support needs in our dealings with you
- Providing housing management services.
- To help us to deal with any tenancy issues or complaints you may have
- To enable us to collect rent for the property you rent from us and help you if you have a financial need
- For the prevention and detection of crime
- Data matching including the National Fraud initiative
The personal information we collect and use
We only obtain and use the information we need to provide our services to you. We do obtain and use special category information.
The law we use to process your personal information
The main legislation that provides us with the statutory basis to deliver our services is:
- Housing Act 1985– housing
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 – landlord responsibilities
- Environmental Protection Act 1990 – waste, pollution, litter, contaminated land, etc
- Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 – enforcement
- Part 6 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
This list is not definitive, but provides some examples.
The GDPR/DPA conditions we meet
The conditions that we use to process your personal information are:
- Public task: the processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
Special category personal information - we also use these additional conditions to process your special category personal information for example:
- Employment, social security or social protection: the processing is necessary for the carrying out of obligations under employment, social security or social protection law
- Public interest: the processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest (see Appendix A)
- Legal purposes: the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity
Who we may share your information with
We use a range of organisations to either store personal information or to help deliver our services to you. Sometimes we have a legal duty to provide your personal information to other organisations, for example the court service or HMRC.
We may also share your personal information with these organisations:
- Other Local Government departments including those in other Councils: Housing and Customer Services, Revenue and Benefits, Planning Services, Regulatory Services, Legal Services, Adult Social Care, Children’s Social Care, Safeguarding, Financial Services, Drug and Alcohol Statutory Team, Commissioning Services.
- Elected Members
- Education Providers
- Central and Regional Government Departments
- Healthcare Providers
- Social and Welfare Advisers or Practitioners
- Youth Services to include Youth Offending Services
- Dorset Healthcare University Foundation Trust
- National Health Service
- The Police and Criminal Justice System: National Probation Service, Community Rehabilitation Company, Dorset Police
- Benefits Agency: Department of Work and Pensions
- HM Customs and Revenue
- Immigration Services
- Housing Associations
- Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Our contracted service providers, for example those who carry out maintenance to your home.
Your information will not be disclosed to any other organisations, except where we are required and allowed to by law.
We may seek your consent if we are able to offer additional services which we believe are of benefit to you. This will be clearly communicated to you. We will only share your details with these organisations if we have your consent. We will not share your information otherwise.
If an advocate is required we will ask for your consent to share you data with them.
How long we keep information about you
We will retain this information for 7 years or longer if required by law, as stated in our retention schedule and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations, Data Protection Act 2018, Care Act 2014, Children’s Act 2004, Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 and Housing Act 2004, Crime and Disorder Act 1988, Housing Act 1985.
Please email or write in to us, to amend your information or raise a concern or complaint:
Housing Landlord Services