Graffiti is vandalism, it defaces people’s property and makes our streets untidy
We look after Bournemouth’s streets and we want them to be as graffiti-free as possible. If you see graffiti, report it to us so we can remove it. We take graffiti seriously and prosecute as many offenders as possible.
We offer a £100 reward if you provide information about graffiti that leads to the offender being fined or prosecuted.
We prioritise removing offensive graffiti. Our goal is to remove offensive graffiti as soon as possible once reported.
If you have graffiti on your private property, the Street Services team will come to assess the situation. Our in-house team may be able to remove the graffiti. We do charge for removing graffiti bigger than four square metres or high up as we may need to bring in a specialist external contractor.
How do I report graffiti?
To report graffiti on Council property, for example, bus stops, road signs use the ‘Report’ button.
Please give us as much information as possible including the following:
- Where is the graffiti? (for example, on a house, a wall, a bridge, a bus shelter)
- Is it near a landmark? (post office, public house, monument etc.)
- What is it? (words or pictures)
- Is it racist, offensive, abusive?
- Is it on brickwork, pebbledash, roller doors, wooden panelling?
- Is it coloured spray paint, black marker pen or another substance?
- Is the property Council owned or privately owned?
- Did you see who did it?
What if I see someone doing graffiti?
Don’t put yourself in danger. But if possible please make a note of:
- The day, date and time
- What you saw
- How many people carried out the vandalism
- A description of the vandals
- What were they doing?
- Any vehicles involved? (make, colour and registration number)
Please let us know if you’re prepared to help us to prosecute people who deface property by making a statement about the incident.
Graffiti removal services for business
Subject to availability we can provide a service to business owners who have graffiti on their private property. Contact us for for a quote or more details.