Get Approval To Work On The Street

How to get approval to work on the street

All work on the street must be approved in advance by us. You need to apply for:

  • the appropriate Street Works Licence or a
  • Section 171 Licence

Section 50 Street Works Licence (SWL) Application Forms

Please read the Section 50 Guidance Notes before completing the application form. 

Section 171 Licence Application Form

You MUST ensure all planning conditions are met, as a Section 50/Section 171 Licence does not overrule any planning constraints.