Adult Social Care Services Complaints

During the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we have made changes to our services for vulnerable adults to make sure that they are both effective and safe.

See further information about changes to services.

If you are unhappy with our services, we look carefully at your complaint.

Comments, concerns, complaints or compliments about Adult Social Care Services

We want to hear what you think about our services. This will give us a valuable insight into how we are doing. We are committed to learning from complaints and comments as these help us to improve our services.

Please let us know if:

  • we have done something wrong or badly
  • we have done something well

To make a formal complaint or raise a concern

If the people who provide the service are unable to resolve the situation, you can make a formal complaint. To do this ask a member of staff or contact:

Adults Complaint Manager

Telephone: 07917 690 831


Address: FREEPOST RTKS-LEBR-YTAR, NBLO, Town Hall, Bournemouth, BH2 6DY

If you would like someone to help you make the complaint, the Adult Complaints Manager may be able to arrange an advocate to speak up for you and help you.

What we do

When you make a complaint we:

  • make sure we understand the issues
  • find out what you want to happen

Within three days of receiving your complaint we:

  • discuss with you how we will deal with your complaint
  • let you know when you are like to find out the outcome

 How we respond

There are a number of ways we can look into your complaint, for example we can:

  • carry out an internal investigation and let you know the outcome
  • ask the relevant team manager to talk through the issues with you and send a letter of response
  • arrange a meeting with you and key people involved in the complaint to discuss the issues
  • arrange for an independent investigation to take place and let you know the outcome.

We will keep you informed of how your complaint is progressing throughout.

Further steps

If you are still unhappy after you receive a response to your concerns, you can discuss this with the Adult Complaints Manager or you can refer your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman