The ‘Our Dorset’ ambition is for everyone to have the best possible health and care outcomes, and live healthier, longer and fulfilling lives.
Health and care organisations across the Dorset county area are working in partnership to recognise, support and value unpaid carers of all ages. This includes listening to carers, commissioning and providing support and enabling carers to have a life outside of caring. These organisations include:
- Bournemouth Christchurch and Poole Council including CRISP (Carers Resource Information and Support Programme)
- Dorset Council including partners Carer Support Dorset and Rethink
- Dorset Healthcare University NHS Foundation Trust
- Dorset NHS Clinical Commissioning Group
- Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust (Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Hospitals)
- Help and Care, Leonardo Trust, Dorset Carers Hub and Pramacare
This reflects the vision of Our Dorset (Dorset’s integrated care system) that councils, NHS bodies and the voluntary sector work together to achieve through joined-up health and care services, linking together with community resources to support people and carers to look after themselves and promote their wellbeing.