Out of Hours Social Services
During the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we have made changes to our services for vulnerable adults to make sure that they are both effective and safe.
See further information about changes to services.
Call us if you or an adult you know needs urgent social care help outside of normal office hours.
Contact our Emergency Duty Service (EDS) on
0300 1239895 for urgent social care help outside of normal office hours.
They are open:
- Weekdays: Monday-Thursday from 17:15 to 08:30
- Weekends: 16:45 Friday to 08:30 Monday
- All Bank Holidays, including Christmas Day and New Years Day
If lines are busy, leave a clear message to tell us:
- your name
- the nature of the emergency
- your telephone number
You should call us if:
- you are urgently concerned about the welfare of an adult who is frail, sick, disabled, has mental ill health, or has a learning disability
- an adult needs to be supported when they are interviewed by the police
- an assessment is required under the Mental Health Act in respect of a compulsory admission to psychiatric hospital, or assessment as a result of a Section 136 "arrest"
- you need to make a referral to safeguard an adult who is at risk of harm from others
- someone is lacking the capacity to consent to support or help, and needs to be assessed
If we can't help, we'll tell you why, and give you advice about who else may be able to assist.