Extra Care Sheltered Housing
During the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we have made changes to our services for vulnerable adults to make sure that they are both effective and safe.
See further information about changes to services.
Living in an extra care housing scheme gives you care and support to help you live independently.
Our purpose-built rented accommodation includes one and two-bedroom self-contained apartments. You have your own private living space with a team on site to manage the property and provide care and support when you need it.
There are also shared facilities that you can use and enjoy, such as:
- Lounges and dining rooms
We have the following Extra Care Housing schemes in Bournemouth:
- Hibberd Court, Ensbury Park
- Kingsley House, Moordown
- Vale Road, Boscombe
We have additional Extra Care Housing schemes which offer low, medium and high level support and are banded in accordance with your support needs.
- Brushett House, Draper Road, Kinson
- Craigleith, Boscombe
Who can live in Extra Care Housing
You can apply to live in Extra Care Housing if you are:
- Over 55
- Eligible for Bournemouth Council’s Housing Register
- Are physically or mentally frail or have a long-term condition
- Living in housing that can’t be adapted to meet your needs
- Already living in a care home, or are thinking of moving to one, and would prefer to live independently with support
- Don’t have the finances for a private scheme
To find out more, get in touch with Bournemouth Care Direct.