Paying For Care in Brushett & Craigleith

Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service

On advice from the government regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), some services have changed. Find the latest information and advice about our services for vulnerable adults in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.

See further information about changes to services.

Information on accommodation offered and associated costs for Brushett House and Craigleith.

Craigleith and Brushett House are extra care sheltered housing schemes.

Each resident has their own flat and tenancy and will be required to pay rent, utilities and service charges for their flat. This will be billed separately to the care and support charges.

What Adult Social Care support is provided?

There is a 24 hours per day, 7 days a week service to respond to any emergencies. This is in addition to the on site domiciliary care providers. 

How much does this cost?

An assessment will take place by the allocated worker together with the resident. They will be informed of which level of care needs they will require. 

There are three bands of care according to need:

Low care needs + 24 hours support charge            =            £ 50.12

Medium Care Needs + 24 hour support charge      =            £100.24

High Care Needs + 24 hours support charge          =            £200.48

This is the maximum amount that will be required for care and support. 

How much will I be assessed to pay?

If you have capital assets in excess of £23,250 you will be required to pay the full cost of all Adult Social Care services you receive. 

If you have less capital than £23,250 a member of staff from the Financial Assessment and Benefits Team will come and undertake a financial assessment. This will determine how much you can afford to pay. 

This assessment takes into account your income, your actual capital and your expenses that relate to any illness or disability.  This means you may not have to pay the full cost of the care and support service.

How will I pay my assessed charge?

Every 4 weeks you or the person responsible for managing your finances will receive an invoice from the Council. It will either be the full cost of your care or your assessed contribution as calculated by your financial assessment.  The invoice will also include any other services you receive, for example, attendance at a day centre or transport costs.