Help for People with Sight and Hearing Needs
We have specialist skills and knowledge and are able to offer practical advice and support.
The Sight & Hearing Team assists people who live in Bournemouth and have serious difficulties with their sight, hearing or both.
The team consists of workers with specialist skills or knowledge who can provide information and advice on independent living skills.
Our services Include:
- Practical advice on managing in your home.
- Mobility training to help you get about safely.
- Help with and advice on communication skills
- Information about specialist equipment to help with day to day living
- Registration of sight/hearing impaired people, where appropriate, with Bournemouth Council
- Details of local and national voluntary agencies who also offer advice and support.
Equipment to Help You:
The Sight & Hearing Services Team has a resource room where you can try out equipment and aids to help you with day to day living.
There is a wide variety of equipment to help you maintain your independence. Some typical aids available are: talking clocks and watches, big button telephones, electronic reading aids and amplifying equipment for televisions and doorbells.
You do not need a referral or appointment to visit the resource centre.
The Resource Room is based at
Bournemouth Blind Society
5 Victoria Park Road, Moordown, BH9 2RB
Telephone: 01202 546644
Opening hours Monday to Friday 10:00 am – 1pm
Contacting the Sight and Hearing Services Team
You can get in touch with us yourself or you can ask a relative, friend, G.P, Consultant or District Nurse to contact us on your behalf through Care Direct as detailed below.